Important Information Regarding COVID-19
To all of our Old Orchard Periodontics & Implant Dentistry patients,
We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy. This COVID-19 pandemic has forced all of us to postpone dental care, and we appreciate your understanding while we have been limited to providing emergent periodontal care.
Over the past two months, we have attended webinars and virtual study clubs, collaborated with local, national, and international health experts, consulted the Center for Disease Control, the Illinois Department of Public Health, OSHA and others and held weekly virtual staff planning meetings. With that focus, we have implemented new measures (some listed below) to provide safe dental treatment and maintain our outstanding level of personalized dental care.
We are excited to bring back our team and to return to caring and treating our patients. We will be calling patients to schedule their next appointments. Feel free to call regarding any questions you may have about scheduling, safety precautions, or other areas of concern.
A message from Dr. Barack
1. Installation of an entire office air filtration system
2. Additional disinfection of all surfaces with EPA and FDA approved disinfectants that effectively
kills bacteria and viruses, approved in food processing, and safe to ingest
3. Repeated fogging of the office and clinical space with EPA & FDA solutions
4. Use of no-touch, infrared thermometers and pulse oximeter units to check oxygen levels
PPE and physical distancing protocol:
1. Team use of barriers, respirator masks and face shields
2. Our team will wear disposable gowns and masks and be actively screened daily
3. All patients will wear masks (except when having treatment)
4. Scheduling and payment arrangements made over the phone or online.
Appointment and scheduling changes:
1. Stagger appointment scheduling to have only one patient at a time in the reception area
2. Schedule additional time after every patient to thoroughly clean and disinfect the room
3. Have patients arrive at their scheduled appointment time to assure social distancing
What to expect when entering the office:
1. You will be called up to the office and then greeted at our front door with a mask
2. We will ask you to pre-screen questions relating to possible COVID-19 exposure
3. Your temperature will be taken with no-touch forehead thermometer
4. Your oxygen saturation will be taken with a pulse oximeter
We will continue to communicate important office updates as they become available and look forward to seeing you back in our office in the near future.
Drs. David Barack, Chander Gupta and the team at Old Orchard Periodontics & Implant Dentistry, Ltd.